Before the new year kicks in, I like to have my resolutions already figured out so I can tackle them as soon as the fresh year begins. That way, as soon as it’s January 1st, I can wake up with lots of energy and a clear purpose in mind. And now that it’s officially 2017, I’m so excited to share some of them with you just like I did last year. The way I come up with my resolutions is by thinking of the things that are most important to me in life, such as my relationships, career, family, and of course myself (self-improvement). After I come up with those buckets, I branch them out into a few things I can do to improve each. Then I like to create a printed version that I hang by my closet so I’m reminded of it every morning, because it’s so easy to get side tracked as the month’s slip away, which tends to make us forget the goals we set for ourselves early in the year. But it is important to note that our resolutions deserve time, effort and commitment!
My self-improvement resolutions are:
- Read more books on topics that interest me (non-fiction)
- Watch more documentaries
- Make a conscious effort to live in the Present
- Eliminating the need to always be surrounded by mental stimulus and entertainment, such as phone/TV, and learning to just enjoy stillness
- Follow my gut without second questioning some decisions
- Not be afraid to be my loud and energetic self around others
- Learn my mom’s and grandmother’s cooking recipes
- Continue to devote time to playing guitar
- Deeper Meditation sessions
- Organizing more girl nights
- Allocate more time to self-care, including working out, eating right and homemade facials
Alright 2017, I’m ready. Let’s do this!
I’d love to hear your resolutions in the comment section below!